> The usage is obviously acceptable, but nevertheless it fits, I think,
into the

> class of regional/local/ethnic terms and usages that are best not

> flaunted before outsiders of brief acquaintance.

Agreed; on the order of "fixin'", as in "we were fixin' to go inside when
the hounds started barking at a truck turning in the drive."

First dibs on Outsiders of Brief Acquaintance as a book or album title if
opportunity ever presents itself.

Confession: I didn't stop using that pronunciation until I was in college
when, still in the South, my girlfriend/future wife/future ex-wife, who as a
child deliberately expunged her southern accent, successfully shamed me to
adopt the more universal pronunciation.

Stu