On Oct 21, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Will Denayer wrote:

Hello All, I guess this is something really dumb, but I cannot use my articulation tool: if I press the articulation tool symbol (whole note with accent) and then I click or double click or whatever I do on a note in the score, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me? As for you, Andrew, I sent an email to your firm to ask if your CD on orchestration works with Windows XP (it's not mentioned in the list in the flyer), but I get no reply. Best, Will

Make sure you are in the same layer as the notes you have entered. On Windows, the layer is shown in the box at the lower left corner, you have 1,2,3,4. Click on the number to change to that layer.

Generally you should use layer 1, but use layer 2 if you need two sets of stems on the same staff. Layer 1 notes are black by default, layer 2,3 and 4 are different colours. If you have entered notes in the wrong layer by accident, use Mass Edit>Change Layers to switch them easily.

Christopher