I've been searching in vain for a list describing each of the
characters in various music fonts for Finale.  Not just a listing
of the characters (which I know is included in the help files) but
a list with a description of each character.  Does anyone know if
such a document exists, and if so where I might find it?

Um, sorry to be dense, but what do you need to know? Isn't each
character self-evident?

Christopher

also....

I know of no such document.

What sort of description are you looking for? How would you describe a whole note that's better than simply showing a whole note? Is this for blind users of Finale? I can understand it if you're looking for a text file which simply lists (rather than describes) what each character is, but as for a verbal description I am stumped as to what you are expecting.

--
David H. Bailey

Yes, a lot of the characters *are* self-evident, but many are not. I'm considering developing my own font, and was looking for a more detailed description of each character and how they are used by Finale. Not just the alternate note-heads (I can figure most of those out) but all of the assorted markings and percussion symbols, etc. I'm looking for a definitive list. Does this explain better?

- Bob Shuster