On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:16:37 +0100, "dc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Johannes Gebauer écrit:
> >As far as I can tell there is no way to show or hide accidentals in the
> >parts and score separately. I hadn't thought about this before, but this
> >is really annoying in one situation: Tied notes should not show repeated
> >accidentals except at the beginning of a system. Since hardly ever system
> >breaks coincide between score and parts, and almost any larger orchestral
> >score contains at least one tied over note with an accidental, this is
> >another major oversight.
>
> I hadn't thought of this. There are also cases where a separate part
> needs
> a cautionary accidental that isn't necessary in the score. I don't think
> this is possible either. Too bad...

The minute I realised this, I knew that the linked parts/score were
completely unusable for my purposes, and I'd imagine a lot of people.
It's quite an astonishing drawback, and I'm really surprised they didn't
implement such a feature. I have to have a 'parts version' of the score,
as before. That _said_, I do find the linked parts to the 'parts' score
very useful, and generally quicker for editing than before. Also very
handy if there are certain items that you need to change globally- for
example expressions.

So, not all bad by any means! :)

David