Johannes Gebauer wrote:
[snip]>
Just for the record: Music history would have been quite different without Urheberrecht. I am pretty sure we would not have seen some of the greatest masterworks without it. I am pretty sure 90% of classical and romantic string quartets would not have been written.

Johannes

That would be a great study -- what sort of copyright laws were in place when Beethoven wrote his last string quartets? When he wrote his first symphony?

What sort of copyright protection did he (or anybody) receive to get compensation for others performing his music?

--
David H. Bailey