The PDFs open on another machine :)

I assumed the trouble was NOT my laptop cd reader, because I was able
to open CDs that the library had just sent a week ago. So it seemed
very logical that the trouble was the CD ROMS, not my laptop.

I do think the troublesome CD ROMS have something about them that the
reader doesn't like. Maybe it was something like heat in the mail that
changed the surface enough to make some readers have a hard time.

Thanks for the tip.

I think I'll duplicate these CDs immediately ;)

Kim Patrick Clow

On 12/8/06, Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 08.12.2006 Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
> At this point (very early Friday AM), I can't test the discs on
> another machine, but my laptop is about 5 months old. And have had no
> troubles so far with the disc reader up to this point. Has anyone ever
> had this sort of issue before with so many disc's going bad?

They could have been exposed to heat on their way, and I believe that is
a pretty sure way to destroy CD-Rs.

What happens if you try to load them. Do you see the PDFs but cannot
open them, or do the disks not mount at all?

Mac or PC?

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de

Kim Patrick Clow
"There's really only two types of music: good and bad." ~ Rossini