At 04:25 PM 12/15/2006, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
>Yes, it is. Snipping off really old replies makes sense. But scrolling
>all the way down to read someone's reply.....seems silly.....but then
>again, people do silly things....

But....but...but...it's not 'scrolling all the way down' if you've trimmed judiciously. If you only quote the bits you're replying to, then your reply is immediately visible, kind of like this one.

Here, go look at these:

<http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html>

These pages refer to Usenet postings, but they apply equally well to email discussions.

I'm not going to add any more to this thread. I have a hunch it's only going to start to get nasty.

Aaron.