On Dec 18, 2006, at 5:13 AM, themark wrote:

Just after having read the very sad new about Bill's passing away, I ask about a problem I'm having loading his Chord library package, which I recently bought. I did as he wrote on the tutorial Chord Tips.pdf (page 3) to load the new library (save the present library, delete all the suffixes then load Bill's Chords.lib library). When I come to assigning a new suffix (chord manual input, advanced, select) nothing shows in the suffix panel!

It sounds like the library didn't load for some reason, or that the library you DID load did not contain suffixes. Try again. Try some different things, too.

You should know that libraries are NOT cross-platform compatible, and it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped being cross-version compatible at some point. The best procedure, IMO, is to save the library yourself from a document that already has the chord suffixes (suffices?) in it, and then load THAT library.

I see that ChordSym and ChordSuf fonts are installed in my system. The strange thing is that Bill talks about ChordSym/Suf.lib file but I see only a Chords.lib file in the folder I got from Bill.
Is it the same file?

Sorry, I don't know. Anyone else out there?

Christopher