At 02:38 AM 12/18/2006, dc wrote:
>But then, I was using VERTICAL smart lines (brackets, actually). So the
>logic of all this completely escapes me in this particular case.

I don't think it matters if you were *using* the smart shape vertically -- Finale still stores L and R attachment points. In this case, the values happen to be the same. If you move an endpoint of a smart shape horizontally, you are changing the base definition of the shape and it will move in the score and parts.

By the way, try taking an unlinked smart shape in a part and dragging it diagonally down and to the right. You'll notice that the shape in the score only moves horizontally to the right -- Finale is still able to store the different vertical displacements from the new attachment points.

Aaron.