I just tried this and it worked!  How could I have missed this for so long.

every once in awhile, poke around the plugin menus... i tend to forget some things as well.

page numbers and titles - one set for the score and one for the parts. If I can figure out some simpler ways to automate that,

set up the titles like you want them to appear in one part, check the settings (position relative to margins), delete, go to score view, assign the text you want using the setting from the parts.

cmd-drag top where you want it on the score.

using fixed point size helps this process a lot. if you don't want fixed point size, or want dofferent text in score and parts, define them separately, then:

- cmd-ctl click the text in the score and deselect show, it won't appear in teh score. - ctl click, deselect show, then cmd-ctl select show, it won't show in the score.

check out pp37-5 linked parts in the manual, as darcy mentioned recently, it takes some effort to get your head around it, and you will surely make some mistakes at first, but it's really quite good to work with once you know how "it" thinks and adjust your work (-ing habits) accordingly.

you might want to change the colours of the unlinked objects and the degree of shading, i find the default settings are too bright, i found it hard to visualize what they might look like if black. mine are a kind of brown, so when finishing up things and doing onscreen proofing (colours off) before printing the elements "blend" together better.

--

shirling & neueweise ... new music publishers
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :.../ http://newmusicnotation.com