Dear Chuck/Bob

Would you be willing to share with us just a snippit of one of your drum parts. So that we can "see" your methods. I don't quite understand the "slashes in layer 1 and cues in layer 3" part. Do you put the slashes, as usual in the middle of the stave to indicate time, and the cues when needed above the staff?

How do you deal with long stretches of just playing? I produce multimeasure rests in the part, make them blank with staff styles, then use the expression tool to write in the staff "PLAY 8" etc. just as if I was doing the part by hand. Is there an easier way?

Mike Greensill

www.mikegreensill.com