On 11 Jan 2007 at 11:58, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

> On 1/11/07, David W. Fenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2. first sales have been basically exhausted (mostly to libraries, I
> > guess).
>
> This raises a question for me. How many libraries would purchase a
> complete edition? I am asking about this because I'm curious what is a
> "good seller." From what I am told, I can expect to sell about 40
> copies of my editions. I must admit, when I first heard that, my heart
> sank. Not because of a lack of money sales, I'd just found it
> depressing that there wouldn't be that much interest in Graupner's
> music. I also admit that Graupner certainly isn't Mozart, I'd never
> expect the same level of interest. .
>
> But I'm curious what are some sales figures for baroque editions. What
> constitues a "good seller."

I don't really know, but Graupner in an AR Editions series is likely
to sell better than Graupner standalone, because many libraries just
subscribe to the whole AR Editions series, as they would with
complete works sets.

Andrew Stiller might have knowledge on this, but he might be unable
to share it with us for proprietary reasons.