On 12 Jan 2007, at 8:39 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi David,

Just use the contact info on the Garritan website. You may also want
to report this problem on the Northern Sounds forum, which is
monitored by Gary and Garritan lead programmer Tom Hopkins.

Again, the GPO instruments aren't working with the setup wizard
because Finale is looking for the Notation instruments and not
finding them, since they don't exist on your system. As soon as
someone can figure out a way to override the installer and force the
notation instruments to install, most of your problems should be solved.

Cheers,

- Darcy
Many thanks, Darcy!! I found Gary Garritan's email on the Garritan website, and wrote to him about this. I'll post on the Northern Sounds forum -- which is a place from which I've gotten useful information in the past.

I'll also ponder on how to work around this. Maybe I can borrow a copy of FinMac2006 and install it without registering it for the 5 minutes it will take to get the Notation instruments installed? Is that illegal? Now that I know precisely what the problem is, I think a solution should be at hand -- assuming I don't hear back from the Garritan folks.

Let me echo the comments others have made about your graciousness and generosity in helping Finale and GPO work together. Thanks very much for this.

David