FinMac 2007a, Mac OS 10.4.8, PowerBook G4, GPO Studio, Quickeys 3.1.1

After working in Finale for a few hours, I notice that the whole system starts slowing down and the fans on my computer stay on. I assumed this was due to Finale and a large GPO setup.

I discovered to my horror that Quickeys 3.1.1 was actually the culprit. The Quickeys background application was using up 45 to 70% of my CPU! Quitting Quickeys just gave me the spinning beach ball and only logging out and back in cured the problem. Temporarily.

I thought I would throw this out to the list to see if there were any solutions and to give a warning. I would hate to give up Quickeys, because it is so much a part of the way I do Finale. But I also don't like restarting all the time.

-Randolph Peters