Did the 2006c update fix the hyphens, or was 2006c just a Mac thing?
Was there any major fix in 2006b compared to 2006a?
I may want to revert since I have a vocal project coming up.
Thanx, Jim

From: dc
Sent: Fri 19-Jan-07 9:17
To: finale@shsu.edu; finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] 2007b is out

Michael Cook écrit:
I'm not sure, but I think that hyphens in 2006a work as they do in
2004. In 2006b a new bug appeared, that produced two undesirable
effects:

1. When syllables got closer than a certain amount, the hyphens were
too far to the right.
2. Hyphens no longer disappeared when the syllables were moved very
close together.

This bug is still present in 2007 (original version). MakeMusic tried
to correct the bug in 2007a, but the cure was worse than the illness:
as you noticed, hyphens now disappear when they shouldn't, and if
there is a hyphen at the end of a system, it's too near to the
syllable it follows.

If you don't need very tight lyric spacing, 2007 (original version)
should produce acceptable results.

Many thanks, Michael, for the details! Much appreciated.

I'll stick with 2007 for now (I don't have much choice). But I find all this quite amazing! Why aren't these changes documented in the updates?

Dennis