Tyler Turner wrote:
A crash involving Apply HP is going to be a different
issue than the one people have been reporting on the
forum. Your problem with Apply HP could be a corrupt
ahp.dat file - you could try closing Finale and
deleting the HP.dat and AHP.dat files out of the
components file folder to see if it fixes the problem
(both files will be recreated after restarting).

It could also be the result of trying to process an
element in the score which breaks AHP. I believe rolls
have done this in the recent past, though I don't get
a crash with them with 2007b and the latest HP.

The crash problem people on the Finale forum are
reporting is I'm fairly certain due to a particular
.dll file, and I'm verifying some tests right now
before I send the info into MakeMusic.

I know the subject line says "Windows", but I'm actually on a Mac, so I don't have the files you refer to. But I did have crashes with apply HP and with HP playback.

I should report that I finally got the HP plugin to work by eliminating all the non-GPO preferences in HP.

-Randolph Peters