At 10:30 PM 1/28/2007, Rafael L. Junchaya wrote:
>I'm working on a score where the piano player changes to celesta in the
>middle of the piece, and the instrument name I'm using is Piano, as it is
>the first one used. There won't be problems with the part, as the group name
>is not showing there, but in the score I need to change the group name to
>"Celesta" and there is no way to apply a Staff style to a group. In Finale
>2007, after applying system optimization, I can create new groups (and their
>group names) where I need them, but in Finale 2006 (and I need to send this
>file in that format) I don't see an easy way to accomplish this

After you apply optimization, group names and abbreviated names can be changed for individual systems. Just use the staff tool in page view to change the group name as needed. It's still a bit of a hassle to have to do this for each system -- I don't think there's a way to do it for several systems at once -- but at least it's possible.

Aaron.