Aaron,

We need more information to help you. How are you creating the triplet? My suggestion is to use speedy entry, go to the place in the measure where you want the triplet, hold down the option key, hit the number 3, (look for the little 3 in the upper RH corner of the Speedy Entry frame) and then enter the 16th notes (the value of the first triplet note must be a 16th in order for this to work). See if this works.

Chuck