At 12:54 PM 2/5/2007, Phil Daley wrote:
>Windows update only works for WinXP SP2 as far as I know.  (Well, and Vista)

Win2000 has it as well. I don't know about earlier OSes; I would guess not.

However, Win2000 and earlier have reached the end of direct support by MS, and I don't think MS will be supplying an appropriate patch, either through Automatic Updates or otherwise. The pages at the MS website do contain instructions for making registry changes yourself, though.

The easiest thing for pre-XP users is just to turn off 'Automatically adjust clock for DST' and remember to do it yourself, along with your other clocks. This is exactly what one has to do for older VCRs.

Aaron.