If that's true, I sure don't understand why Finale Tech Support didn't
tell me that when I asked them for help. So, if I understand correctly,
when I go to extract parts, (assuming I have already defined the setup for
parts), it will create linked parts, which I should choose NOT to use???
What "Parts" do I open, proof and adjust for layout, print, etc. Where do
they get extracted to?  (Their Parts Management window is somewhat
confusing; this reminds me of the old days of the Macintosh Font/DA
Mover). Also, when I tried this before, the Piano staff (2 staves, grand
staff) got split into 2 files, and MM told me to create a new part by
selecting both staves. Sorry if I'm appearing to be very dim on this
issue, but it has become a much more convoluted process that it was in
Fin2K6.