On 16.02.2007 David W. Fenton wrote:
What truly amazes me is the idiomatic written English of folks like Johannes -- if I didn't know that he was not a native English speaker, I don't think I could detect it from his postings on the list. That humbles me whenever I think I have something to say about the German language -- I'm not even in the same universe as Johannes when it comes to second-language proficiency.

Well, thanks for the praise, in all fairness I must admit that I lived in England for several years, and starting during my teens, when learning a language was still easy.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de