At 04:04 PM 2/18/2007 -0500, John Howell wrote:
>Actually I don't think Arabic numerals have upper and lower cases.*
>At least they don't on typewriter or computer keyboards.  You just
>change the size.

In traditional typsetting, some fonts have separate sizes and widths for
different purposes -- not quite upper and lower case, but sorted similarly
(yes, many years ago I hand-set display type in a print shop). Accessing
these additional numerical characters in computerdom means using a separate
font version (the one that usually also includes a set of ligatures,
swashes, etc.). It's very pretty; one of the folks on this list has some
gorgeous examples.

I think we had this discussion a few months ago.

Dennis