At 04:04 PM 2/23/2007 +0100, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>Is it normal that Distiller includes fonts many many times in the
>resulting PDFs, even though I specifically told it to not include subsets?

Did you print to PS or compile Postscript?

Now that compile Postscript works in Windows on special sizes (9.25x12.17),
the resulting files are compact, and Distilling them with Ghostscript
produces small PDFs. It still appears the fonts are shown multiple times in
the Postscript, but the resulting PDF has them only one time each.

On the other hand, in printing to Postscript and distilling, the PDF files
can be huge. I have no idea if these sizes are caused by multiple font embeds.

Dennis