On Feb 22, 2007, at 9:00 PM, Aaron Rabushka wrote:

It seems that every time I try to put a fermata on top of a single- line percussion staff Finale moves it to the bottom of the staff by the time I revisit it. I've set the articulation to use the top form regardless of where the note is placed, and I still get the same result. Is there some
trick that I need to be aware of here?

Have you tried flipping the stem direction? You should be able to place the fermata where you want regardless of stem, but that might be what's making it bounce around. If it's a whole note or other stemless note, you wouldn't even see the stem, but the note is still assigned an up or down direction internally.

mdl