On 23 Feb 2007, at 3:31 PM, Matthew Hindson fastmail acct wrote:

Yes, you are correct: it's purely due to the copy protection scheme. I have kept a copy of Finale 2005 on my recent intel iMac and it works fine because I used the transfer settings application, and it seems to have transferred the registration factor or whatever across as well.

What is this "transfer settings" application? Do you mean the FireWire Target Mode transfer that you get asked about when you turn on your new Mac for the first time? That's exactly what I used. It didn't work -- Finale knows that my computer has changed and the copied registration isn't valid.

It would be a fairly trivial matter for Makemusic to supply a one- license version of this to you I'm sure: whether they'd want to or not is another question.

The guy I spoke to emphatically did not want to help me.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]