[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am entering chant for the first time in Finale 2002 with reasonable success. But I need black notes, and am having difficulty hiding quarter-note stems.

I was told to click the Staff Tool and double-click the staff, then in the "Items to Display" section to uncheck "stems" and click OK. BUT--in my version of Finale 2002 there is no check-box marked "stems."

I can remove the stems by going to the "Special Tools Tool" Custom Stem Tool, selecting the stems, and shortening each to the position of the notehead. (Double-clicking a stem in this situation does not open the Shape Selection Dialog Box, so I can't go this route).

Can someone explain to me (simply!) what I am missing?

Aaron has made a suggestion on what might be easier.

Another one would be to simply enter all the notes as whole notes, then use the Mass-Mover to select notes (use Partial Measures to select individual notes or a couple out of the measure) and then use MassEdit/Change/Notehead to change the selected whole note(s) to the black notehead.

--
David H. Bailey