On Feb 25, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 01:30 AM 2/25/2007, Christopher Smith wrote:
>I don't have any problem with gliss lines being vertically displaced.

Do you really mean *vertically* displaced? I think Darcy was talking about shortening the gliss line -- that is, shortening it along its own diagonal. And the TGTools plugin does horizontal displacement, moving the endpoint straight to the left by a little more than the width of the accidental.

Yes, I mean dragging the whole gliss line higher (in the case of stems-down notes) or lower (in the case of stems-up notes) by as much as a third to avoid overrunning the accidentals. Being a trombonist, I see it WAY too often! 8-)

Darcy was also complaining that he didn't have enough gliss line to shorten legibly—that is why I suggested a vertical displacement INSTEAD of shortening the line.

Christopher