Has anyone tried version 8?  Seems to work for me....

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David W. Fenton
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:50 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] pdf/Mac

On 1 Mar 2007 at 19:27, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

> First, why do this people have old versions of Acrobat reader? I mean,
> it is FREE....

Because some later versions suck. Acrobat 6 rendered better onscreen (with
the smooth lines setting) than Acrobat 7. On the other hand, 7 is much
faster. I have considered reverting to 6 to get better rendering, but the
speed was really poor.

One basic principle is that newer software is simply not always better, and
there are very good reasons for not upgrading.

Would you really say that Finale 2007, despite its wonderful new features,
is a problem-free upgrade from 2006? Would you really say that people should
definitely upgrade, given that 2006 works and in many respects 2007 doesn't?

Blaming it on the users is completely unfair. One has to live with these
kinds of problems because there are perfect good and valid reasons for
sticking with older software.