On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Brennon Bortz wrote:

My apologies if this has already been covered somewhere. If it's in the manual, I can't seem to find it. A direction to the appropriate chapter will suffice for an answer.

I know in Document Options, one can choose to beam groups of four in common time, but is there a way to beam groups of three in compound meters? Say, beam each of the three groups of three eighth notes together in 9/8? It's such a hassle to have to rebeam each individual measure....

Set your time signature to 3 on the top and dotted quarter on the bottom, not 9 on the top and 8 on the bottom. Then any music entered after that will conform. To change music already entered, choose Mass Edit>Rebeam to time signature (or something obvious like that.)

C.