John,

Obviously the version makes an ENORMOUS difference.

- Versions of Finale prior to Fin2004 cannot be run at all because Classic is not supported (though Robert Patterson suggested there may be unsupported workarounds to get Classic running on Intel Macs -- I have not yet looked into this).

- Finale 2004 and 2005 will run in Rosetta (emulation), but cannot be registered. Apparently some people have worked some specific voodoo to get around this problem, which basically involves tricking Finale into thinking it is registered when it isn't.

- Finale 2006d will run in Rosetta, at least theoretically. I have run Fin2006d on this machine before with no problems (beyond the standard ones with Rosetta). But now it always crashes on launch. I'm not sure what caused the change.

- Finale 2007 (all flavors) is a Universal Binary and runs beautifully on Intel Macs. I have a lot of issues with Fin2007, but the performance is simply amazing (especially coming from a G4 Mac mini).

- Sibelius runs in Rosetta (emulation). There is no Universal version of Sibelius yet.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]