At 10:44 AM 3/9/2007, Chuck Israels wrote:
>I feel your pain.  I understand that this is, at worst, a time
>consuming inconvenience, but I wonder if this is a situation in which
>I'd extract the parts in order to maintain the hand spacing.

I certainly may be missing something here, but could you quickly explain how you can extract parts and maintain hand spacing from the score?

I do see the option in Part Creation Preferences to copy spacing from the score, but this has the undesirable consequence of copying *all* spacing from the score. For example, if the flute has whole notes but the oboe has running 16ths, a flute part created with this option will have the measures with whole notes as wide as if they had all 16ths (that is, as wide as they are in the score).

Thanks,
Aaron.