Hey all,

This is an option I considered, but rejected back in January (before making the first service call), mainly because I am very uneasy about buying used gear on eBay. However, it could scarcely be worse than the money pit this printer has become.

However, as things stand now, I have several hundred dollars worth of sunk costs in the Ricoh. Yes, I could theoretically cancel the order for the new parts and next week's service call, and try to find a used large-format HP instead. But that will almost certainly run me more money than the service call + parts, which offers at least a reasonable chance of solving the problem. Like the maintenance kit, it's a gamble -- but so is buying a used printer on eBay.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]