There is another way, but tedious (tho it did not take me much time), of getting bariolage beaming: using several Special tools, that might be useful in certain situations (don't know which, indeed):

- First, input the notes as there were no bariolage involved (just the 16th notes)
- Apply Couble/Split Stem Tool to change stem direction of desired notes.
- Hide undesired stems (with Beam Stem Adjust Tool or with a blank stem with the Custom Stem Tool)
- Reduce long bems with Beam Extension Tool as necessary.

Yes, it's too much work, but you get what you want. I think this can be copied with Mass Edit or Robert Patterson's Mass Copy.

You can check the result at http://www.geocities.com/rjunchaya/pub/Bariolage.jpg

Hope it works for you

Rafael Junchaya