At 2:15 PM -0400 3/15/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 15/03/2007 17:57:39 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"And  really, how hard is it to set up D horn in the Staff Transposition
Dialog?  We're talking about, what, three mouse clicks?"

Yes, that and a failing brain's ability to remember exactly what the  formula
is!  :-)

F horn is a minor 3rd higher than D horn. Therefore, to transpose a D horn part for F horn, raise it a minor 3rd. To transpose an F horn part for D horn (I assume that is NOT what you're doing!) lower it a minor 3rd.

Unless I got it backward!!

John

--
John & Susie Howell