On Mar 22, 2007, at 9:31 PM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

This is my first project completed to the end on 2007, and I can't see the Edit System Margins window.

did you close it?

have you changed your monitor resolution? if so, make it as large as possible, and they should reappear, reposition and change to the smaller resolution.

I had tried that. I also quit and reopened, logged out and logged back in, and rebooted the computer just for good measure. No go. I cycled through open windows using command ` and was able to see that my main window wasn't active, but I couldn't see the ESM window.

Crap, am I fed up with all these annoyances in 2007!

you don't know that 2007 is the cause...

Now I do. Darcy helped me with it.

I haven't even tried the linked parts yet. This was a choral work (no parts to extract, a nice debut for a new version) and already ran into several HUGE bugs. I don't think I can keep this up for much longer, though I REALLY like how zippy 2007 is on my new Intel Mac! I even have the auto-hyphens and word extensions turned on and everything, and not the slightest sign of logieness.

Different bug subject now.

BTW, I have been in communication with tech support (new web interface! Do we have Chuck to thank in part for this?) about the explode music bug.

Apparently, if you are in Speedy Entry and use the 9 key to flip an enharmonic in a chord you are entering, then try to explode the chord to separate staves, there are strong risks that the chord with the flipped enharmonic will NOT explode properly, but will assign all staves the lowest note in that chord. Furthermore, the note will not even be spelled consistently from staff to staff (i.e., Ab on some and G# on others.) Unflipped chords seem to explode correctly. If you never touch the 9 key, and only flip enharmonics AFTER explode, you may avoid the bug. I am testing this theory now, and checking all my exploded parts afterwards is adding BIG time to my work.

I haven't checked for some other long-standing bugs yet, like the shape designer handles being about an inch off in 2006, or the repeat expressions not keeping their places. Hyphens in lyrics are, of course, not right, and the untransposed chord symbols in Chromatic Transposition are unaddressed.

Christopher