Thanks Aaron for yet another good way to solve my problem.
George

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Sherber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>; <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] Eighth notes without beams

At 04:04 PM 3/26/2007, Christopher Smith wrote:

>On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:30 PM, George Ports wrote:
>
>> What would I turn off to get 1/8 notes without beaming them? I'm
>> going crazy trying to accomplish this.
>> George Ports
>
>Lawrence's suggestion is the best one for an entire work, but if the
>passage is short, then in Speedy Entry the backslash key break/
>creates beams with one keystroke. Make sure the cursor is on the
>SECOND of the two notes you want to break.

Or, for a medium-length selection, enter the music normally, then select with Mass Edit and do Rebeam to Time Signature and choose 8/8.

Of course, if you're doing something with lyrics, you'll get this effect after you enter your lyrics, select the measures with Mass Edit, and do Rebeam to Lyrics.

Aaron.