On 29.03.2007 Christopher Smith wrote:
What I do and what you do might not bear much resemblance, because I'm on a
Mac. But first you have to find a font that HAS the symbol in it. I don't have
a version of Times that has it. On Mac Lucida Grande does, and so does Apple
Symbol Font, and some Microsoft specialty fonts, but it is a Unicode symbol,
and since Finale doesn't support Unicode, you will have to enter it in a word
processor, export it as a graphic and import it that way into Finale.

If anyone else knows of a better way, let us know!

Yes: In the Finder open the Character Palette (not sure what it is called in the English Finder, it is the last entry on the Edit Menu in 10.4.x). Under "Various Symbols" or something like that (a heart) it is the third symbol. This way you will get all fonts listed which include the symbol.

I also still have an old postscript font which I used in OS 9 days, which includes the (p) in many different versions, but I don't use it anymore since we have OS X and Unicode.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de