Hi all,

This is just an informational post that may be old news to some of you but hopefully will be helpful to others.

A few years ago, there was a discussion about what kind of tape to use for parts when you have to do a fold out or an accordion-style part. (This topic comes around every now and then.) Someone described a kind of paper tape that's not masking tape that they had gotten at an art supply store. I went down to my local art store and poked around and found something that matched the description. I bought a roll and have been using it very happily ever since.

I'm posting now because my roll is almost gone, and so I had to go back and find this same tape again -- which means that I've actually found out what this tape is called, so I can specifically recommend it to others. It's 3M brand tape #256, and I find it works great. It's sturdy and it adheres well, although if you screw something up you can also peel it off most times without destroying the page. It doesn't seem to wear out from repeated use. And you can write on it with almost anything.

It comes in a few different widths; I find that 3/4" works best for me. It also comes in different colors, although I've only ever seen in stores in white. And it's not cheap -- a 60 yd. roll can cost you around $15.

You can Google '3m 256 tape' to find several places to buy it online, or you can ask at your local art store.

Aaron.