On Apr 28, 2007, at 3:40 AM, Mark D Lew wrote:

I can't figure out how to use a metatool for an expression and not have it show up on every staff. I don't see a place to define that. What am I missing?

I can't believe that for all the zillions of replies Mark's query generated, nobody every bothered to answer this question. The answer is this:

In the Expression menu, turn on Context Sensitive. Then when you use an expression metatool with the cursor placed directly on or below the note, a note expression will be placed. With any other cursor position, a measure expression will appear--on all staves.

With regard to this, I would like to recommend TGTools/Modify/Expressions, which I find invaluable for orchestral scores and the like. Enter a dynamic as a measure expression in all staves, then apply the plug-in and turn them all into note expressions. There is even an option for deleting the expression from empty measures.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/