On 1 May 2007 at 6:34, Phil Daley wrote:

> At 4/30/2007 07:45 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
>  >I've recreated the PDF optimized for portability (the default was
>  >optimized for speed), and it's here: >
>  >http://www.dfenton.com/Collegium/Gibbons/Gibbons-LordGrantGrace2.pdf
>
> On a windows pc, the screen display is much worse than your original
> post.

It's no different on my screen! I haven't done a file compare, but
the file is exactly the same size as the original (though not the
first thing I posted).

>  >I've also processed that file to optimize it for the Web, and the
>  >result is here: >
>  >http://www.dfenton.com/Collegium/Gibbons/Gibbons-LordGrantGrace3.pdf
>
> Yes, the result looks exactly the same as above, ie. worse than the
> original.

Screen display doesn't worry me. Acrobat Reader badly regressed in
screen display after version 6. Of course, it improved in speed, so
it's a sad trade-off.