At 02:57 PM 5/17/2007, you wrote:

First click on the Playback Settings icon.
The Playback Settings is the little speaker icon next to the playback controls. Click on that and in the dialog which opens up, in the lower right (for Fin2007) is the button Playback Options. Click that. In the dialog which opens up, down the left-hand side are checkboxes for Play Recorded Key Velocities, Play Recorded Note Durations, Play Recorded Continuous Data, Play Recorded Tempo Changes.

I usually keep all of these unchecked once I've entered music from a midi keyboard, but certainly if you uncheck the Play Recorded Note Durations, you should get playback of the notation as you see it, not as you entered it.

I'm having a similar problem - shortening of the written values during playback, usually affecting whole notes. I tried the above with no luck. I have "Play Finale through Native Instruments" checked in the MIDI menu. WinFin2007.r2

Giz