On May 24, 2007, at 6:52 PM, dhbailey wrote:

In Fin2007, you can set the measure attribute for the second measure so that it isn't calculated in the measure numbers. In earlier versions you have to monkey around with defining additional regions to handle the measure number hassles that result from such division of current measures.

Yes, the above is true, but I came up with a bug that can occur if you use that.

I set a pickup measure NOT to be counted in measure numbering, then (because I forgot) I went into the Measure Numbers dialogue box and set the current region to start at measure 2.

I didn't notice the resulting wrong bar numbers (no big deal in any case, and easily corrected) but what I DID notice is every time I double clicked a measure with the Measure Tool to set a double bar, it set TWO double bars; the one I clicked and the one afterwards! I was navigating the score by clicking in the Measure Number box and typing in a new number, which might have had something to do with it. Finale might have had its furry little brain addled by the number I was typing in; was it a REAL number or a DEFINED number? Hey change them both!

Weird.

Christopher