Possibly because one enjoys the staggering diversity of cultures living in close proximity that you see in, e.g., New York City, that is hard to find in a more monolithic culture. I can't afford to be a world traveller, but almost every day I have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world who have come to New York to pursue their dreams, just like me. That's pretty frickin' cool.

Plus, it makes the food better. Immigration is to restaurants what diversity is to the gene pool.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]