On Jun 2, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Bob Florence wrote:

Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jun 2, 2007, at 4:49 AM, Bob Florence wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a bug with accidentals? I'm in the key of G Major. However, I'm getting a lot of B#s and E#s and double flats and double sharps. I have not encountered this before.

If you're talking about Fin2007, then yes, there is a huge bug with enharmonics in Speedy, when flipping them using the 9 key. They suggest using Simple until they work it out.

But you didn't say that you had flipped spellings. Could your Enharmonic Spelling options be set to something funny?

Christopher

something funny like what?

Like favour sharps, favour flats, using an edited spelling table when Use Major Or Minor Spelling Tables is checked, or perhaps it's only in the transposed parts that you are getting these. A G# in concert gives an E# on an alto part, for example. You didn't give a lot of detail, so we are guessing.

My guess is you are using Fin2007 and hitting 9 in Speedy from time to time to flip an enharmonic. The enharmonics end up flipping back and forth unexpectedly, especially if you copy, change key, retranscribe, or explode music. This is a bug. Complain to MakeMusic, in long and exhaustive detail, as they tend to drop the ball quickly if they can't reproduce a bug.

Christopher