Mark D Lew wrote:

On Jun 7, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

Actually, you can easily edit the Instrument.txt using any text editor. The problem is if you make a mistake! I haven't bothered to try yet, but now I mentioned it and have time...

If that's true, then any programmer ought to be able to write a little utility with a user-friendly interface for editing it. It wouldn't even have to be a plug-in, since it's only manipulating a text file.

That's true but I would much rather have it built-in somehow to Finale, either as a plug-in or as a built-in part of the Program Settings dialog. That way we could edit things from within the program, and I would hope that when they do that they would also build into the thing that upon exiting the edit instrument.txt/ensemble.txt utility, the newly edited data would be automatically available to Finale for use in a new project.

--
David H. Bailey