> > well, just because they have new features doesn't mean they
> are taking
> > its
> > users more seriously.  there have are also been responses from the
> > brothers which amount to, "well, we think that not many
> people would
> > really use that, and you can do it with a workaround anyways, so..."
>
> When I made a concerted attempt to assess Sibelius last year
> I found the
> biggest difference is that Finale almost always does have a
> workaround (or
> three) while Sibelius just cannot do things that I need in any way.
>
> Richard

This is similar to the experience of a number of people I know (or know
of) who have fairly complex requirements.  When I'm asked advice about
choosing software, I sum up the differences as 'Sibelius does 95% of
things better or more easily, but to do the other 5% at all you need
Finale'.  Trivial, I know (and maybe it's 99%, or 80%, I don't know),
but for most people, the best option is Sibelius.

Owain