On 8 Jun 2007 at 8:38, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

> Three months ago, I found a bug that Sibelius has with Music XML (yah,
> I'm of the camp that got feed up with Finale and am migrating to
> Sibelius).  Daniel Spreadbury, who works for Sibelius saw my message
> on the list about my troubles, asked me for the sample files, and
> wrote back within a day that I had indeed found a major bug. After a
> lengthy apology and suggested work arounds, he promised me the bug
> would be addressed immediately in the newer version of Sibelius.

In my opinion, Daniel Spreadbury is Sibelius's greatest asset. When
Sibelius 4 came out, he and I had a long correspondence about a
number of issues. He takes Finale quite seriously (and knows Finale
*very* well), and was completely open and honest in acknowledging
where Finale was superior to Sibelius.

It seems to me like this release of Sibelius is designed as a Finale-
killer, i.e., that its feature set is mostly designed to rectify a
large number of areas where Sibelius was a hostile environment for
Finale users.

Now, the only principle of successful market share enhancement that
they need to incorporate is ease of saving Sibelius files back to
Finale. That's the secret -- if you can switch without feeling locked
in, then there is no downside to trying it out. With Dolet, that's
getting closer and closer to reality, it seems to me.