In a message dated 6/11/2007 3:49:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The first thing Tech Support says to do if you report any of the
> above bugs, is "re-install Finale" which NEVER does anything except
> make you lose all your preferences and edited component files.

Correct, but hardly a problem specific to Finale. It's a sentence that
someone who is in no way qualified to do tech support can read off a sheet of
paper.
It also represents penny-pinching on the part of management, which doesn't
want to spend the money to train most of their support people in anything more
than a minimal way.

In software terms generally, there *are* users who need to uninstall and
reinstall: they're probably the bottom 5% of the customer base, who have
carelessly allowed their installations to become so corrupted that they
actually are
better off starting over.

Given that aspect of it, it adds insult to injury when I hear it. For the
rest of us, there normally is a fix well short of a reinstall--it's just a
question of finding a person who knows what it is. Of the hundreds of times
I've
been given the instruction to reinstall software, I've done it exactly twice,
and
regretted it both times.

David Lawrence ([EMAIL PROTECTED])