Yes, any chance of seeing the actual passage, because there's all sorts
of tricks and workarounds which can apply in specific situations.  (It's
rather like using Finale.  Heh heh.)

And you're right that on a violin or viola, a minor second in itself is
no issue at all (provided it's not down below the D or G string
respectively).

Owain