At 04:11 PM 7/2/2007 -0500, Randolph Peters wrote:
>It is a little confusing. All of the sample players that work are
>based on Native Instruments Kontakt engine. The capabilities vary
>from player to player and they don't produce identical results.

[...]

Thanks for that info. It is confusing! In my two Finale installations, the
main machine (desktop) has only Kontakt Player 2 installed. The laptop,
which I use on the road and rarely for heavy work, also has Finale GPO
installed. I'd never used Finale GPO before since all the scores are set up
on the desktop (which also accounts for why I thought this one thing --
Kontakt Player 2 -- was the "Garritan"). I'm not sure why GPO wasn't
installed there.

So I set it up the score for Finale GPO as an experiment on the laptop, but
the Garritan sounds seem pretty bad and I don't think I'd use them anyway.
But Finale GPO did *not* exhibit the blatting problem in those measures.
Nor does the Finale synthgms.sf2. So it seems to be limited to the Kontakt
Player 2 (which exhibits the same problem on both desktop and laptop).

>Anyway, the point is that the player you are using might be where the
>problem lies. If you have the time or inclination, you could send me
>a one measure Finale file that replicates the problem, let me know
>exactly what instruments you are using, and I could run it through a
>variety of tests and players. It might help narrow the problem down
>or at least, give your complaint more data points.

Let me think on it, and thanks much for the offer.

Dennis